It's happening whether you like it or not. Here are some of the signs.
|Karl Lagerfeld - how come he gets away with it?|
- Street style blogs leave you bemused at why girls wear parkas with bare legs...in winter.
- You’ve used any of the following words alone, in conjunction with another or together in an exclamatory rage in a clothing store: too...short, fitted, high, low, bright, busy, Jersey Shore.
- You secretly admire Kate Middleton for popularlising kitten heels and wedges.
- You find yourself saying, “I never used to shop in LK Bennett but....”
- You can’t understand the relationship between tights and shorts (see: #1).
- The midi skirt is your friend.
- You experienced the `70s, `80s and `90s trends the first time around....and they sucked then.
- The last time you spent €1,000 on something, it was last month’s mortgage.
- You don’t know whether to loathe or love Mary Kate Olsen for making falling out of bed look socially acceptable.
- Finish the following sentence. Malls make me:
twitch, give me crowd blindness; erase my will to live.
- Word association time! Granny chic, oversized and ironic = Young, thin and clueless.
- Ripped tights, matted hair and chipped nail varnish were synonymous with the walk of shame in your day.
- Finish the following sentence. I love the colour black because:
it’s chic, it make me look thin; it stops me from having to think.
- You refer to colours in terms of ROYGBIV; not the local farmer’s market – raspberry, mint, salmon, chocolate, espresso.
- You thought The Devil Wears Prada was a spoof.
- Alaïa is an untruthful person from Boston.